Thursday 1 August 2013

A grand day out x



Oh what a lovely day the sun was hot and no work was getting done today.

We all piled into the car 3 adults, 2 kids and the dogs, its a good job I have an extremely large car, and off we popped.

We had a lovely walk or in the case of the dogs charge around and I couldn't believe how much the vegetation had grown in the couple of months since I had last been to this spot, in parts I felt like I should be hacking my way through with a machete and keeping a look out for any prowling big cats or elephants. 







Shock Horror - Sid in the water!!






We went down to the river to let the dogs have a drink and a cool off and I was shocked to see Sid (the black one) paddling about, as usually he hates the water, honestly he wont even step in a puddle he skirts around the side so as not to wet his feet. Lily and Piglet were making the most of it wading for stick the boys threw for them and Lil did her usual trick of putting her head under water to get the stones.

After walking up through the grave yard, where Lewis had me reading out the names on every stone we went past, we had a short break for drinks and ice cream at the local cafe which has been there for years and is for reasons unknown (to me) called Cafe Vienna. I felt like I was on my hols. with the Coca Cola umbrellas and chalked out menu boards and I was only a couple of miles from home.

Cafe Vienna



Then into Haslam park for a while so the boys could have a go on the children's play area and then home where the dogs flopped down on their beds and didn't move again for hours.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments