Thursday 4 July 2013

Ginger biccys

The problem with baking is the eating these days, I've always been able to eat pretty much what I liked and stay slim as ever but now I'm 50 and at an age where I spontaneously combust on a regular basis every biscuit or piece of cake I eat wants to stick around. It's a problem with no answer I think as I get plenty of exercise mucking out, riding, walking the dogs etc and generally leading an active life so I just have to accept it and carry on.


I love to bake and today it was Grantham Gingers or as they're called in this house Hollow Biscuits. I've been making these since my son was little and he's a grown man now, they're crispy on the top and puff up (hence the hollow ref) and they have a lovely chewy bottom, they're gingery and sweet and I can't stop eating them and they're especially good with a glass of milk x

How long till the tins empty I wonder?

9oz Self Raising Flour
Ginger to taste
4oz Butter
12oz Caster Sugar
1 Egg beaten

Grease 2-3 Baking sheets
Sift flour and ginger
Beat together butter and sugar till creamy
Add egg and flour and mix to form a firm dough
Roll into egg size balls and put onto baking sheets
Bake for 30 mins on gas mark 2 untill crisp and puffed up
Makes about 20




















No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments