Saturday 29 June 2013

To Market to market x

I'm very lucky to have two award winning markets on my doorstep. The town where I live (Bolton) the market is a 10 min walk for me and then the next town (Bury) with a brilliant market is just a car ride away.
So this afternoon I had a walk to my local market, I put in my earphones and listened to my current audio book which is called  'Some kind of Fairy Tail' as I marched along happy to be out on a foraging mission.
 I had my supply of sturdy bags with me cause the ones they give you are crappy flimsy things that cut into your fingers and rip open at the slightest suggestion of a  sharp edge or corner.
There's something exciting about market shopping which is lost trudging round a supermarket. Maybe it because I was brought up on it, every Saturday as a child would be spent on Salford market with my sister, Mum and Gran and sometimes one of the Aunties as well and I would always ask for a piece of Lancashire cheese to eat on my way round cause I loved its sharp creamy taste that set your jaw on edge.
 Anyway it always feels like an adventure still or a treasure hunt as you never know what goodies you'll end up with. Today it was Chicken and toffees and Bananas and a plant for the garden and other assorted items. And the best bit was eating Violet Creams on the bus coming home BLISS xxxxxxxxxxx     




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments